Monday, December 22, 2008

Baby, It's cold outside


"In the deep midwinter, frosty wind made moan.
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone."

Those words, from the old carol "In the Deep Midwinter", pretty well describes what it's like around here. Wowza it's cold. Woke up this morning to 1... that's ONE... degree with some serious windchill. Went out yesterday and filled the bird feeders, poor souls. I about froze my hands off in the process even with gloves. High today is predicted at 18 degrees. Snow moves in tonight and may leave us with 2" and 1/4" of ice. Fun, fun!

Been slow around here... gotta bake and do laundry today... probably need to wrap some presents, and I have yet to get in my yearly viewing of "It's a Wonderful Life".

Busy, busy, busy.... Merry Christmas to all!






3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Is this picture taken in your yard, because it is just plain gorgeous!!!

Dan said...

Humblest appologies, Keetha, but alas, no. I ripped it from a photo site on the net. But yes, it is pretty. I'm glad that I don't have that much snow in my yard right now. 'Course, it might be nice for Christmas rather than the freezing rain they're calling for today.

Anonymous said...

You should send a student worker

Doug
IWU IRC