Thursday, April 15, 2010

Selling the house

Well, we listed our house yesterday. It's kinda wierd and it produces a fairly generous amount of anxiety for me because now I have to keep the house 'hotel room' clean for goodness knows how long with three kids running around! It'll take awhile I imagine, unless God's just gonna be really good to us and send someone along right quick.

My wife has a new job with Lifeline as a flight nurse and she's going to be stationed in Lafayette, IN. She wants to move closer to her parents so she can be around to help out as they get older. So, we've been looking a lot online. The place near Anderson we looked at won't work for two reasons. 1)It's in Anderson and not nearer to Lafayette (it'd be about an hour and a half drive!), and 2) the appraisal of that house came back a lot higher than anyone thought it would.

So there's a little place in Sheridan we found that sits on 10 acres, has fruit trees already and could be really great. Problem is, the house has two small bedrooms and only 1.5 baths. We'd have to build on at some point, and it would require quite a change in lifestyle until then. But 10 acres! Wow. So we're gonna look at it next weekend.

I had originally thought about posting several longer posts about what I did last summer and all, but that's just crazy at this point. Needless to say, I did a lot of canning!

I've checked, and good for me, I will be able to order chicks way into the summer, so if we get moved by June or July (I hope), I'll still be able to have chickens this year! Call me crazy, but I can't wait!

I'm still knitting. I'm currently working on a shawl for my Mother-in-law. The pattern is called "The Wool Peddler's Shawl" from the book, Folk Shawls, by Cheryl Oberle.

Sheesh, I gotta get off of here and get started on school with the kids... More later.

3 comments:

LCS Class of 2010 said...

Hi Dan!

I know a grackle - - - and that isn't one, I THINK it's a catbird.

You can see ALL about our Costa Rica trip here:

www.lcs2010goestocr.blogspot.com

Of COURSE I made a blog for the trip. It was the senior trip for schoo.

Keetha Broyles said...

Ooops - - - that was me. I didn't realize I was still signed in on the LCS blog.

Keetha

homesteadgirl said...

Dan, glad you responded to my call on rav. re. homesteading! I'll add you to my faves and "follow" yours if I can figure it out. You're the first "manblogger" I'm adding...add that to your accolades!