Thursday, February 14, 2008

I hate winter

Yes, I believe I've said it before, but I do hate winter.

Even with the sun shining, it's cold outside. The brown grass is even getting to my daughter. She's complained about it several times now and longs to see some green.

I feel like I'm stuck in a cacoon. Cramped, stale, dull. It sucks the very life from me. I get so bored, so restless, so crazy....

I long to feel a 65 or 70 degree day with the sun shining. To have the windows open and let some of that great warmth in the house to chase out the stale winter air. I want to smell the sweet green grass and feel the breeze. Yeah, I've got it bad.

Meanwhile, I sit here and stare out the window, wondering when this blasted season of cold, dark death will end. Oh, I know Spring is on its way, but not for a while yet. A few days ago, a friend asked me what a farmer would be doing right now during the winter. Probably spinning wool, chopping wood, making baskets or rugs, planning his crops, milking the cow.... I come up empty on all of those right now.

So I wait. Spring will come and I'll come alive again. I started taking vitimin D yesterday too. Just can't get enough sunlight on the skin here lately. Hope it helps.

No comments: