Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Robin's are Lost

Well, it's in the 20's today (has been for some time), and today there are about a dozen (give or take) Robins at my bird bath. They're drinking and drinking and drinking. That's all they've done since early this morning. I'm not sure what all the need for so much water is about, but they sure are thirsty.

What I don't understand is why they're here in the first place. I've seen one or two Robins over the past week or so, but the temps have consistently been well below freezing and the wind has been pretty good too. They're way early to be coming north again for the year. As a matter of fact, it's snowing right now and it's supposed to continue, with freezing rain as well, all night and into tomorrow.

Well, I'm not sure what's going on, but I'll keep the birdbath filled for them anyway.

No comments: