Thursday, May 19, 2011

And so it happens

It's amazing.  Just about the time I begin to truly despair of selling our house.  We had a showing last Friday morning.  They came back that afternoon and we had an offer on Saturday.  We countered on Sunday and (due to some insurance issues) we're finally getting a response today to our counter.  They have accepted it and we are signing the paperwork TO SELL OUR HOUSE!!!  I can't believe it.  I'm not holding my breath... I haven't seen the paperwork yet and all, but still.  I can almost feel the huge sigh of relief welling up inside me.

I know that the next few weeks will be crazy.  We won't really start packing until inspections and appraisal are done, but then we have to find a place too (for which I've been praying the past four and a half years).  On top of that, we have two more weeks of school to do and get out of the way.  Heaven help me (and I'm burning out already anyway - NEED. TO. BE. DONE.)

So that's the excitement.  If this is premature and it backfires on me... I don't know what I'll do.  My wife may have to pick me up out of the corner where I'll be blubbering like an idiot.

2 comments:

A. Monk said...

Hey Dan, it's been too long since I last said "howdy." Having moved in the last 2 years with this housing market I feel your pain. Are you on Facebook by any chance?

Dan said...

Hey A. Nope, not on FB. I have an 'aversion' to being found by half the world. Dunno, guess I have several other outlets for connecting with people so I don't mess with FB. Our inspection is scheduled for this Wednesday at noon.
I'm hopeful that our realtor can help us find a house. We've been looking online a lot and NOTHING is really exciting us. I've only been praying for the place for four years though, so there's gotta be something.