Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Buying the Farm

Well, I'm not anywhere truly near being ready to buy property to homestead, but I enjoy looking. I've found several websites devoted to selling rural land and homes. Sometimes I get pretty discouraged because I know it's gonna cost an arm and a leg to get what I really want. But on the other hand, I keep thinking that God will work things out. Besides, the place I buy probably isn't even on the market yet... give it a year or so.

Funny thing is, I can see the place in my head. I can see the house and the layout of the buildings... the barn, the garage, the chicken house, the garden, etc. I can see it all. I've even gone so far as to draw it all out on paper before and do some landscape designing around the house! Now, these are probably all just images in my head. But won't I just crap a brick if, someday in the future, a realtor calls me up and says, "Dan, I have a place I want you to see." We pull up in the drive and my jaw hits the ground.... this is the place in my mind. Well, I'd know for sure that that's the place I'm supposed to have, that's for sure.

I'd love to hear how you found your place and knew it was "right".

No comments: