Monday, January 14, 2008

Tithing

I'm a member of a forum on a site called Homesteading.org. I posted a question the other day about how a Christian homesteader tithes. Basically, I wanted to know how, since a homesteader's 'increase' isn't necessarily monetary, a proper tithe might be given to the Lord. It was a sincere question and I was seeking sincere discourse. Sheesh. I must be soooo much more naive than I thought.

Some of the responses ranged from near outright "church-hating", fat-a**ed preacher bashing... to "give em compost". With a lot of "you don't need church to be a Christian" in the middle. what does that have to do with my question about tithing? If you don't think you need to be a part of a local body as a Christian, fine. But leave my post alone, since it was obviously written in such a way as to make plain the fact that I DO!

Fortunately, there were about three or four individuals that bore the marks of true Christians as their responses were respectful, well thought, sincere, and helpful. I'm not saying that any of the other responders aren't Christians, but "They will know we are Christians by our love".

Now, since this is a new blog and I doubt anyone has even viewed my page, I'm not really expecting much response. But if you do read this and would like to know the gist of my original post on the other site, I'd be happy to share it with you.

Thanks, and God bless.

No comments: