Saturday, January 12, 2008

El Numero Uno

Well, here it is... my first blog as a hopeful homesteader. No, I'm not a full-fledged homesteader yet. No animals or pasture, etc. But I do garden, am a Master Gardener, can and make apple butter and jelly.

One day down the road, I hope to move myself, my wife, our three kids and our dog to a little slice of heaven out in the country somewhere to commence with animal husbandry, huge gardening, and generally good country living. Idealistic? Yeah, but I know I'm that way, so I try to temper it.

I'll try to post some things as I go along about how life now is and what efforts I make to move toward my dreams.

By the way, I'm a stay-at-home dad, and I homeschool our oldest. Lest you think I'm a laze-about... I do have an MA in counseling that I've used frequently for the past 8 years.

No comments: