Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another Winner

I admit it. I am a chocoholic, but I don't care. My wife and I always have a bag of Dove dark chocolates in the cabinet. If it runs low (or runs out, heaven forbid - spit, spit) we get more.

Now, I love cookies. My two all-time favorites are Oatmeal Scotchies and Chocolate Chip. I still remember my grandmother's chocolate chip cookies with much fondness. They were just 'da bomb! So I'm always looking for a good recipe for soft, chewy, tasty, chocolaty cookies. I think I found one and I share it with you now:



2 1/8 cup of all purpose flour (I dunno why, it just says 2 1/8)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
12 tablespoons of butter (that's 1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-2 cups chocolate chips or chunks (aww, just say a bag and be done with it)

Cream sugars and butter, add eggs and extract. Mix flour, salt, and baking soda then add to liquid mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.

Place large dollops of dough on cookie sheet (say a good tablespoon plus) and bake for 13 minutes in a 325 degree oven.

I found this recipe on Yahoo! Food. It came along with four other cookie recipes, but I wasn't really interested in them. These cookies are GOOD! Yeah, ok, so there's a stick-and-a-half of butter in 'em. What? Are you eating them for your health or something? EAT THE COOKIE!

By the way, the recipe says you can refrigerate the dough for two days or freeze it, shaped or unshaped, for up to a month.

As a final note, here's a picture of the quiche I made last week and gave the recipe for. It was quite good too.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey that looks better than shoveling snow!

the book you were asking about is called "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" Get it. It's pretty neat.

Biz said...

Those cookies look absolutely sinful! So that's why I snagged the recipe from you and am planning on making them soon! Thanks much for sharing them! :)

Dan said...

You are most welcome! Enjoy them, I know I did. I think it's the brown sugar that helps em taste so good.

Keetha Broyles said...

That quiche is making my mouth WATER!!!

Back in the day when I was a homemaker, I used to make those.

Whatever happened to THAT idea????