Sunday, January 11, 2009

Some Serenity Please

Something's been happening to me lately. Oh, actually, it's probably been a few months now. I don't really understand why. I feel like I'm going a little crazy.

See, I hate being cooped up in the house, and winter... well, I hate the cold, brown, grey of winter, and I tend to stay inside if I can help it. Admittedly, I suffer a bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder. Days when the sun shines help.

The effect of winter on my mind is a sense of insanity. I feel anxious. I get short tempered. Easily frustrated. Lazy. I find myself clinching my teeth, and occasionally wanting to scream. Even my driveway looks different in the winter, greyer, harder, more dead (if that's possible).

TMI?

I do get out of the house sometimes. That helps. Melora and I get a sitter for the kids and get out once in awhile, and I try to get together with my friend once a week as well. Sometimes I just need conversation with an adult. Kids are fine and all, but they aren't adults, you know what I mean?

My in-laws are on their way to Florida where they'll be for the next few months. They called the other day and were in Chattanooga, TN at a hotel for the night. It was sunny and 60. My heart sank. I felt a deep pang of longing and a little bit of envy.

What do I need? Spring, that's what. I need to get moving. I need some sunshine. I take vitamin D daily. I need to stretch my legs and see some beauty, growth, life. That's not likely to happen for awhile though.

I guess you could pray for me if you think of it. And if you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Well, your photo on this post ought to help - - - it is gorgeous and peaceful.

The Midland Agrarian said...

I know it wont make you feel better, but I suffer from this as well sometimes.

Anonymous said...

At least you got away from those Yellow Walls

Doug
IWU IRC

Dan said...

Well would you look what the cat dragged in... Doug Drown! Of all people! HOWDY DO!?

Anonymous said...

You can thank Keetha, for helping me find you

Doug